30 minutes after the fall. How sad is that face?Friday, May 15, 2009
Mackenzie's 1st Boo Boo
We have learned a very good lesson. Babies don't have wings, they have arms. As I was getting Mackenzie ready for her morning nap on April 25, 2209 she decided to dive off of her changing table. Scott was in the shower and I was right next Mackenzie and I bent down for just a second to get a shirt out of her drawer and off she went. Mackenzie loves to run her hands against the beadboard thats on her walls, well, she went to roll over onto her stomach and did it so forcefully, that as she rolled she threw her body at the same time and went head first off the end of her dresser which holds her changing pad. I looked up to see her on the floor face up with a very red face. We have her CD player on the floor next to her dresser and as she fell, she hit the player and the CD's. Her poor little face hit the CD cases and she wound up with a scratch from the cases. She of course was screaming like I've never heard her scream before and Scott dashed out of the shower. Without even thinking I jerked her up by her arm and grabbed her tight. We sat on the couch and checked over every.single.inch.of.her.body. There were no bumps, goose eggs, knots, or bruises. There was blood on her face and her cheek was starting to swell. Well, with it being 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning, we had to decide if the hospital was the way to go. Mackenzie cried for about ten minutes only to fall asleep on my chest (remember it was her nap time), but we only let her sleep for 15 minutes. Scott and I decided that if her cheek swelled anymore and started to interfere with her eye, we would take her to the emergency room. After a million kisses, plenty of neosporin, a cold rag (that Mack hated), she was acting like her normal self. I felt like the worst mommy ever. I was right there. And of course all of the shoulda coulda woulda's along with the what if's ran through my head all day. I just felt awful. We did have a lady at Wal-Mart ask us if the red spot was Mack's birthmark, the nerve of some people. I just don't get it. Anyway, here are the day by day pictures of Mack's boo boo.
30 minutes after the fall. How sad is that face?
30 minutes after the fall. How sad is that face?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
They are quick boogers - don't worry - Michael fell down the stairs, and I voted myself Worst Mother Of The Year, so that one is taken for 2009. I'm glad she healed quickly and got lots of TLC.
Post a Comment