Friday, August 14, 2009

Upstate New York

My aunt and her boyfriend bought a house in the mountains of upstate New York several years ago. They're on 8 acres of land on the top of a mountain where they back up to a ski slope and they also have 2 horses-Scoobie and Daphne. We went up late Friday night and spent the night because the drive from there to NJ where the family reunion was, was only a short drive. It was so beautiful up there! It reminded me a lot of the North Georgia mountains-which is pretty close to what I think Heaven looks like. I really wish we could have spent a few days up there, but a night will do. Let me just tell you about the weather we had-I had to sleep with sweat pants and a long sleeved shirt under flannel sheets and Mackenzie had feety jammies-and that was with no air conditioning! It was in the low 50's when we went to bed-so refreshing! We woke up and ate a yummy pancake breakfast and enjoyed visiting with the horses. Mackenzie kept barking at them-it was too cute!

Watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while Mommy was getting ready.
Such a happy girl-I think she really enjoyed the cool weather.
Mackenzie kept pointing at the horses from the house and when we took her down to see them, she freaked out!
Trying to show Mackenzie that the horses were nice.
Holding on for dear life.
My aunt's cat had kittens and we showed one to Mack, she was so gentle to him.
Passed out from all the morning fun. I could watch her sleep all day long.

August 8, 2009

No comments: