Being the crazy planner that I am, I've had your party planned out for some time now. I saw on a friends blog (Hi Sara J.!) that she had a Dora party for her daughter and it was so cute! After talking with her, I kind of
stole "borrowed" all of her fabulous ideas. Not to mention, I have a mother who went just a tad crazy with the planning and bought all of her party decorations. We spent an afternoon in Party City gathering all the supplies with a Dora pinata to boot. Several days after said pinata was purchased, you and I were in our local Publix, and low and behold, you spot a different Dora pinata that was much cuter and cheaper. I have never paid attention to what's above me in Publix, but trust me, they have a ton of pinata's hanging...at least our Publix does. Lucky for me, Dora's birthday was in August and Nick Jr. had so many ideas for Dora. I was able to pull a Dora and Boots cake stencil and made your birthday cakes. For me, making your cakes are important. I have no idea why, because my goodness, A LOT of time and icing went into those babies, but I enjoy doing creative things like that. We rented a pavilion at White Oak Park for your party and the weather could not have been more beautiful. The day started off crisp and warmed up a bit, but it wasn't too hot and there was such a nice breeze blowing. Once all of the guests arrived, we headed down to the playground while Daddy put together your crazy coupe car and hung the Dora pinata. As we all walked back up from the playground, Mommy handed all the children maps to get us back up to pavilion. All the kids were told that Swiper had swiped the pinata and we had some missions to accomplish. The kids were handed backpacks, as they approached Lolipop Lane, from there, they went to Mack's bridge finally ending at the pinata. I'm sure the parents loved all the sugar their kids got, but hey, it's a party! After eating lunch, we opened up presents. You were very tired and extremely overwhelmed at this point, so Mommy did most of the unwrapping. It was difficult for you to understand why you couldn't play with all of your fun toys, but man, you got some awesome gifts! After we opened gifts, it was cake time. The most memorable part of the day, was watching you come to life while everyone sang to you. Bless your heart, you sang with everyone as loud as you could and just loved blowing out your candles. You had been walking around for several weeks prior pretending to blow candles out and saying, "I make a wish!" You were just so excited. It's hard and sad for me to believe at how fast these two glorious years have gone by.
Playing with Bennett, Daddy and the bubble machine.
Arriving at Lollipop Meadow to gather all of the lollipops.
Moving on to Mack bridge.
Pop and Mack eating some lunch.
Rock star ballerina.
Thanking everyone for your gifts one by one in your new car.
"Gora"! Not so sure why she looks a bit cross eyed, she didn't look that way in real life.
Boots!
Such a happy, happy girl.
Making your wish.
So, you kind of gave up on the present opening, and I had to take over. I was thrilled you got not one, not two, not three, but 4 Tu-tus!
Sad times. This is you taking a whack at the Dora pinata. Sadly, I had my camera on the ledge of the stone you see and when I was helping you, accidentally whacked the camera instead of Dora.
You know you had a good time when a nap is ensued.
September 4, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment