Mackenzie's spoiled rotten. There's no other way to say it. Every time we visit Gram and Pawpa there is a new toy, clothes, food, or gift waiting for Mack when she arrives. She and I recently spent the weekend at their house and my mom let Mack take over her kitchen. First, Mack found the potato masher and beat it on the tile floor, brushed the Christmas tree with it, and banged on the coffee table in the living room. If I ever tried to do any of those things when I was a kid, forget it...I would be in so much trouble. So when I mention to Mack that we don't use the potato masher like that, my mom tells me that it's fine and that Mack is just playing...sure mom! Well, just like I had when I was little, Mack has "her cabinet" at my mom's. It's full of all sorts of fun things-Tubberwhere, lids, ziplock bags, cups, and the list goes on. My very OCD mom has everything in her cabinets labeled, and sorted in size and color. Within minutes of Mack's welcoming, she's in that cabinet and has every piece of its contents scattered among the kitchen, and my mom never, ever complains...in fact, she's usually taking pictures of Mack's adventures.
"Go ahead and laugh now, but when there's a tornado, I know where I'm going for shelter!"
"Ok, this isn't fun anymore."
"Really, can you please help a girl out?"
"Um, I need help now!"
"Now I'm really stuck!"
"Whew, I'm out!"
And yes, that's a tutu she's wearing. The only thing she was missing were her beads that were somewhere in the house.
Dec. 18, 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment