Tuesday, June 21, 2011

May 23, 2011

Mackenzie, you have always amazed us with your "wiser than your years" noggin.  Your quick with comebacks, you study things once, and will "get it" on the second go round.  You potty trained "easy peasy, lemon squeezy" as you say.  But for the love of that paci.  Shortly after you turned one, we said once you could say, "paci" (you were calling it your "papi") it was a goner.  Then we said, you could only have it in the car and at nap/bed times.  Then we said when you turned two, we were trashing it.  Well, you're approaching your THIRD birthday and that blessed paci was still hanging out in your dresser drawer.  It was to the point that you were addicted to it.  You demanded it as soon as we would lay you down, even with your eyes shut.  You would put it away when you decided you were done sleeping, and you were beginning to request specific ones.  You were sneaking Nolan's and we'd often find you hiding in a corner sucking on his.  You would ever so sweetly tell us, "I jus holdin' it." as you would shrug your shoulders.  That mouth infection you had...well, that ladies and gentlemen, was a blessing in disguise.  When we were visiting Gramma, you were sleeping with her and she said you weren't even using it, you were holding it in your hand.  Well, Aunt Missy, Uncle Joe, JackJack, and baby Alexa were coming into town on the 23rd and we talked about how babies needed paci's and Alexa didn't bring any.  You woke up from your nap, I gave you bag, and YOU put all of YOUR paci's in that bag!  Every.Single.One.Of.Them.  When we went to Nanny and Papa's to see everyone, you immediately gave your paci's to Aunt Missy and said that they were for babies and A-wexa needed them.  You were so proud of yourself, smiling and not saying a thing about them, until we got home that night.  It was brutal.  You screamed VERY loudly about wanting your paci's back.  Daddy went and laid down with you and you just sobbed and sobbed about how much you loved and missed your paci's.  It was awful listening to you cry.  What got me, was when Daddy admitted that he too was upset for you.  Well, it's been just about a month now, and you're doing great!  You don't ask for it anymore, don't talk about missing them, and you no longer steal borrow Nolan's.  We're so proud of you, but I have to say, I'm just a little sad.  No more bottles, no more diapers, no more paci's.  You're growing up way too fast, lovebug.

Daddy and you hanging out at Nanny and Papa's house. 

 Yes, this is a doggy door.



 Ok, let me explain.  You pretty much would try to talk about your paci's and where they went to anyone and everyone.  I was just getting dressed, and found you dancing around the house.  In my high heels (that you walk and SKIP in better than I do) singing about your paci's...
 The song went something like this, "I love my paci's, I can't sweep (sleep) without my paci's.  A-wexa has my paci's.  I want my paci's baaaaaaaack."



1 comment:

Kendra said...

this was so cute! i laughed at loud at mack, she is too cute!