Tuesday, June 21, 2011

When All Else Fails...Head to Gramma's

We had a rough weekend back in May right after Mother's Day.  During the last week of your school year, you started complaining of your mouth hurting.  On the last day of school, your teacher called me and said that you were running a fever, refusing to eat, and didn't want to play.  Luckily, I was able to get an appointment that afternoon and off to the doctor we went.  You wound up with a mouth infection that causes huge white blisters all over your mouth and down your throat.  You had a large sore that covered the whole left side of your tongue and guess what, there was nothing we could do about it.  The doctor did recommend a "magic mix" 1 part Maalox and 1 part Benedryl so we did that and it seemed to help with the pain, but it wasn't fun.  You would scream out in pain in the middle of the night, you wouldn't eat anything except Ramon Noodles and it was hard to get you to drink anything.  Even when the doctor told you that you could eat ice cream and popsicles, you still weren't interested.  This all happened on a Wednesday.  Fast forward to Friday morning.  I had the day off, and when you, Nolan, woke up, both of your eyes were completed caked and crusted shut.  No fun.  When I was able to get you washed up, it was a constant battle wiping green, slimy junk out of your eyes.  I already knew it, but went ahead and called the doctor for you.  We again, got in that morning (God bless our doctor's office, I LOVE them!) and sure enough, Pink Eye, gross.  I'm pretty sure between both of you, the office staff had that place disinfected in no time flat after we left!  Luckily, Pink Eye is treatable and we just had to get the prescription filled, oh along with Augmentin for an ear infection too, little man.  Daddy already had planned on working all weekend, and I needed some help, if not, some sort adult interaction, so I loaded you sickies up and off to Gramma's we went.

Not only did you have Pink Eye and an ear infection, we were weaning you off of your bottle and you wanted no part of that!
 Poor guy.
 Pretty much that train whistle was the only thing that kept you happy.  Notice Mack in the background?!
 By the next morning, you were looking 100% better.  Love how you sit cross legged.

Saturday afternoon, we decided to venture out and do a little lot of shopping.  Remember, we were with Gramma, so we got to ride the carousel!
 Mackenzie, you were loving it!


 So excited!
Gramma and her babies.  It's amazing how I've become chopped liver!  Just kidding, mom, I know you love me.
 For the most part, we're all happy, smiling, and well again!  Thank you mom, for rescuing me and taking us in while we were all contagious and junkie.

No comments: