Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nolan-11 Months


 Just one more month until your first birthday, big boy!  Now that you're so mobile, it's so fun to watch you and your sister play together.  I often hear Mackenzie calling for you like you're a puppy.  As she walks, she pats her leg and says, "Come on, brugger follow me!"  It's the sweetest sound to hear you two giggling your little hearts out.  You especially love to play in Mack's room with her and you actually listen to what she is attempting you tell you.  Often, I've walked into her room and found you surrounded by stuffed animals, with ribbons on your head, or playing so peacefully with her.  I never in a million years dreamed of you two playing so well together and I know for a fact that there are definitely, "I'm not in the mood to share with you days", but for now, I will relish in the sweet sounds of you two loving each other.  Speaking of playing, you are all boy.  You absolutely love to body slam yourself on anyone who is laying on the floor and you think it's pretty funny when we pretend that you scare us.  You're list of words is growing by the day.  And just as I thought you had "mama" down, I found out that you were instead calling for "Mack".  You simply love your Mack.  When Daddy comes home, you immediately stop what you're doing and squeal as the front door opens.  The world stops for a few minutes as you crawl as fast as those chubby legs will take you until you reach your Daddy.  Mommy and Mack are pretty much chopped liver when Daddy comes home.

We've been cloth diapering you for almost 2 months now and we're still learning, but so far, we've been impressed with them.  I'm only buying 2 brands and even though they're not the cheapest, we're going to be saving so much money and saving our planet in the long run.  One of the coolest thing about them, is that not only can you wear them, but Mack, you wear one to bed every night.  It's so silly, but I often find myself planning your outfit around what color diaper you're wearing that day.  Silly?  Yes, I know.

In last months post I think I mentioned about how I was almost done making your food.  Well, that all changed.  I scored a fantastic deal on vegetables and made a few more batches.  However, this time, I left a lot of the veggies pretty chunky and you love it!  You're still a huge fan of the butternut squash, but the carrots are a close second.  Since I leave them somewhat long and skinny, you try to feed yourself and you're so proud when you make it into your mouth.  You're down to only 2 bottles a day, one first thing in the morning and another one right before you doze off to sleepy land.

You absolutely love to dance!  When anything with rhythm starts, you start dancing.  It's the cutest thing.  If you're standing or sitting, you'll start bouncing up and down and shaking your head.  You especially love the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song and there's no surprise that that's what you're first birthday party theme is going to be.  

You've definitely found your voice and have learned that screaming, shouting, grunting, and yelling is a very quick, but not so polite way to get attention.  I call it your testosterone scream.  Randomly throughout the day, you'll let out this giant yell for no apparent reason.  If only you didn't sound so much like a girl.  :)

May 4, 2011

No comments: