Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Go Dirty Girl Mud Run April 28, 2012

Are you starting to see a trend here?  On April 28, 2012, I along with several friends, new and old competed in the Atlanta Go Dirty Girl Mud Run 5K.  It was fun, but oh so HOT!  It was in the parking lot of Lakewood Ampitheatre on the gravel and I wasn't the smartest one and ate a sub sandwich right before running.
 Becky and me before the race.  Nice and clean.
 We did it!

 So fresh and so clean, clean.
 At the starting line.  There was only about 50 other runners with us in the last heat of the day.
 This was the second to last obstacle.  Ashley was showing us the finish line.
 And we're off!

 One step later, I was down.  I caught my foot in one of the tires.
 Sliding into the finish line.


 This was a huge challenge for me.  As I was climbing up, a girl was falling down the back side.  She was screaming and shaking the whole net.  
Of course, the one time I stopped running, Rolando took a picture!  I was getting exhausted.
Need inspiration?  Sweet, baby girl, you took off running with me for a little bit.
 Going up...
 Coming back down, safely.
 We did it!



 All muddy and loving it.




 April 28, 2012

No comments: