And then when you did wake up, you couldn't stay awake. Don't you know that you don't like to sleep anywhere but your bed and you won't just fall asleep watching tv? This was on Friday, April 6, 2012.
You were running a very low grade fever. Notice, you, Nolan? I had two of my sleepy/sleeping babies on me.
You had been coughing all day on Friday, and we put you to bed pretty early. You woke up several times before we went to bed coughing. Then around 1:30 a.m. you were coughing so hard, that you started to gasp for air. I don't think my feet hit the ground until I reached you. Needless to say, you and I slept on the couch for the rest of the night. I held you all night long while sitting up to help you breath. It was by far the most scariest time we've had with you. At 6:30 a.m., I got dressed and by 8 a.m., you and I were on our way to CHOA's urgent care. You slept the whole way there, and this picture below is of you sleeping in my arms in the waiting room.
Because it was a holiday weekend, I thought for sure that we would be stuck there all day. Luckily, because we got there BEFORE the doors opened, we were 3rd in line. After having x-rays done of you chest, it was determined that you had an Upper Respiratory Infection, Double Ear Infection, and a Yeast Infection. You see, 2 weeks prior to this, I took you to the doctor for an ear infection. Because your body rejects Amoxicillin, you have to take Augmentin (GROSS!) and as we all know, some antibiotics can cause Yeast Infections. Well, the Augmentin didn't do its job and you wound up with 2 nasty Ear Infections, so because you were in such bad shape, you had to get 1 of 3 rounds of Rocephin. This is a series of very painful shots that you get in your legs. You don't like shots as it is, and it wasn't a fun visit. You did, however, enjoy the mass amounts of stickers and popsicles you got!
The above picture and the ones following below, are on Sunday at CHOA, yes, we had to go back...on Easter Sunday. After we got home on Saturday, we slept for a bit, then Nanny, Papa, Aunt Kari, Uncle Mike, Jamie, Drew, and Abby came over for a visit. Since you weren't contagious, we still wanted everyone to visit with you. It was like having a newborn all over again. You refused to leave my lap, arms, and body. You would scream out in pain over your legs, and you wouldn't let anyone else hold you. The shots were doing their job, and you had a better night's sleep on Saturday night. We woke up early on Sunday, got you dressed in your Easter dress and we were off to CHOA again.
Even though you were happy, you still looked just pitiful.
I must say, CHOA was so wonderful to us. Everyone working there was at your beck and call. The Dr. absolutely adored you, so much that you got TWO popsicles because he felt so bad for you. You were so brave and told the Dr. exactly where and what hurt and even though you were scared, you stayed so still for the x-rays. There's a reason why there are Children's Hospitals and I know I'm grateful for them!
April 6-8, 2012








No comments:
Post a Comment