Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nolan-10 Months

Only 2 more months until you're a big ONE year old!  You're a crawling machine now and if you can't crawl to it, you climb over it, or will stand up and cruise around from piece of furniture to piece of furniture.  You're not ready to stand on your own just yet, but I know the day is coming.  You have your 2 bottom teeth and you have 2 top teeth.  But not your top front ones.  You have your 2 Lateral Incisors!  You look like a cross between goofy and a snack with fangs, but only when you tilt your head back or we pull your lip up can we see those goofy teeth!  You don't seem a bit bothered by not having your top front ones, because you're eating more and more table food by the day.  You're still on some baby food, mostly the fruits, but you've tried and enjoyed strawberries and bananas.  I just made you another round of squash and sweet potatoes but this time I didn't puree them nearly as much.  The consistently of them are more chunky and I think you like it better that way.  You've always been a hungry kid and you don't like it when your food is all gone.  You wake up and have an 8 oz. bottle which by the way, we finally just switched to fast flows for you.  You were having a hard time with them, so we had you on the slow flows, I accidentally didn't switch a bottle and you finished in about 5.2 seconds (not really, it just seemed that way) and you didn't have more than 1/2 the formula on your shirt, so we switched you over.  On the days I work, you have a bottle at 6:30 a.m. then eat breakfast which is a fruit container and some Cheerios at 7:45 a.m.  On the days I don't work, everything is just shifted about 2 hours.  You're down to 2 bottles a day, 1 when you wake up and one when right before you go to bed at 7 p.m.  You love to eat Cheerios, Froot Loops, and Goldfish and are past the puffs stage.  You will take those puffs and throw them all over the floor until you get what you want.

Speaking of getting what you want, you're starting to show a temper, little man!  You have a very distinct cry/scream when you want something you can't have for example the remotes, your sister's juice, paper...to eat.  It's pretty funny to see this side of you, but we are trying to tame the beast by telling you, "No." and you're not to found of that either.  Thankfully, most of the time you can be redirected to something else, and you are such a sweet boy.

You're babbling up a storm these days too.  You can say, mama, dada, Mack, gog, and go.  You love to play peek-a-boo with your sippy cup while eating supper.  And when we change your diapers, you put your hands over your head a giggle when we say, "so big!"  My most favorite thing you do right now, is when I bring you to bed either for nap or bedtime, you immediately lay you head on my shoulder and rub my back until you drift off to sleep.  This is something Mackenzie never did, so I enjoy it with you.  It's the sweetest thing.  

April 4, 2011

1 comment:

Sara J said...

I love reading your posts! And I really CANNOT believe Nolan is 10 months!